The Australian Catholic University has created a full scholarship specifically designed for students who are asylum seekers or arrived in the country as an unaccompanied minor.
Applications are now open and closed on 16 January, 2022. The scholarship is for any campus and any degree. This year there is also an emphasis on 3-year degrees at the new Blacktown campus.
This scholarship will cover:
- The full cost of tuition fees for the remainder of the course.
- The Student Services and Amenities Fees.
- Overseas student health cover (in the absence of access to Medicare).
This scholarship is open to commencing students who meet all the following criteria:
- Citizenship: granted a Temporary Protection Visa, Bridging Visa A or E or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.
- Have a connection with an ACU partner or community organisation who will act as your sponsor and can provide a written reference.*
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: any (on campus)
- Study load: full-time (exemptions can apply in special circumstances)
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- why you are undertaking an ACU degree.
- how this scholarship could financially support you whilst studying.
- A written reference from the ACU partner or community organisation who will act as your sponsor. Additional personal or character references are welcome (up to 2 optional). Shortlisted applicants’ references may be contacted
- Identification documents and visa
- Year and name of School where Year 12 studies were undertaken
To apply and for more information go here: