The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to captives,
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to let the oppressed go free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour.
The Office for Social Justice is an agency of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. It supports and assists the work of the Bishops Commission for Social Justice – Mission and Service and receives advice from the Australian Catholic Social Justice Council. The Office collaborates with and supports a national network of contacts nominated by each diocese and maintains contact with the Dicastery for the Promotion of Integral Human Development of the Holy See.
The work of the Office for Social Justice includes:
- undertaking initiatives and programs on behalf of the Bishops
- supporting the Bishops in their advocacy on social justice concerns
- undertaking policy development and providing advice
- providing formation in Catholic Social Teaching
- raising awareness of issues
- networking with others involved in promoting social, economic and ecological justice.
Find out more about: