- This event has passed.
International Podcast Day
30 September 2022 All day
International Podcast Day™ is an initiative of a group of podcasters. They explain the origin of the day in this way:
“In the summer of 2013, Steve Lee heard a radio announcement for National Senior Citizens’ Day. thinking that was pretty cool, it begged the question of why there wasn’t a day for the celebration of podcasting. That’s when Steve said to himself, ‘Let’s create a Podcast Day!’ So the adventure began and a collective team of podcasters put their heads together to establish means for podcasters and podcast listeners to raise awareness for this great entertainment and education medium…
Between 2015-2018, we successfully live streamed hundreds of hours, bringing in podcasters from nearly 65 countries including Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Poland, Germany, South Africa, Jamaica, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Nigeria, Philippines, India, France, Switzerland, Scotland, UK, Finland, Canada and the Unites States and more.”
Ideas for Celebrating International Podcast Day
- Not sure what a podcast is? Find out more here.
- Sign up to follow the Office for Social Justice’s podcast The Revolution of Tenderness.
- Access Vatican Radio’s English language podcasts here, or check out their podcasts in other languages.
- Check out Wollongong Diocese’s Journey: Catholic Radio on demand as a podcast.
- Listen to Catholic Youth Parramatta’s podcast for young women, called At the Well.